Before you read on any further, you should know the following:
- We won't reply to agencies, content marketers or anyone else seeking to guest post to gain a backlink to a website.
- We won't publish posts in exchange for money or promotion.
- We won't reply to outreach emails that simply aren't relevant to what we do.
- Perhaps you're a budding plant-based health writer looking to have your work published.
- Perhaps you're a nutritionist or doctor who'd like to offer advice on a particular subject matter relating to plant-based health.
- Or perhaps you're a dab hand in the kitchen and would like to share one of your delicious recipes.
Whatever your plant-based background, if you'd like to write for us, drop us an email with your idea and we'll let you know if it's a good match for our readers. Or if you'd like us to give you a subject to write on, let us know.
Before you get in contact, please read the following guidelines so that you know what to expect if we do give you the thumbs up:
- Native English Standard: We are only able to accept submissions from native English writers, or those with native English proficiency.
- Word count: The minimum word count for a submission is 1,500 words.
- Original content: All content must be 100% original. Quotations are allowed, but no plagiarism!
- Referencing*: All health claims must be supported by research. Studies should be referenced using parentheses like this, (1) (2,3,). You should link to the original research study – usually found in a medical journal such as JAM or BMJ, or a database such as PubMed.
- Post links: We only allow links to reputable sources, such as peer-reviewed studies or professional/accredited organizations (PubMed, etc).
*For post examples, please see here: https://www.theplantway.com/anti-cancer-foods/ and https://www.theplantway.com/glyphosate-safe/
How to Send Your Submission
- Please submit articles as text within a Google Doc, or Word document
- All submissions must include a working title and author bio.
- All supporting images should be attached to the submission email with references to original sources if you do not have image rights.
- Please note that your submission may be edited, abridged or otherwise altered, and by submitting to theplantway you agree to this type of editing.
What You Get in Return
- A $10 gift (per article)
- 1x link to your website/organization
- Exposure to over 100k readers
- The great reference on your resume – having written for one of the top plant-based websites.