A while ago I made 3-Seed Peanut Butter & Granola cookies, see that recipe here, so this time I've gone one better with 6-seed! And diversified with different, delicious ingredients.
I was going to used Nutella for this recipe but went with the Chestnut Jam instead. I thought this would make a nice substitute since it turns out that there is no chocolate in Nutella – chestnuts are the main ingredient! It does work well as a spread and for mixing into recipes, but for this I choose real dark chocolate (vegan) to accompany my jam. I got the jam in Paris, and double-checked the French translation to make sure it was vegan.
Yummy for the kids' lunch boxes or an afternoon snack that will see you through until dinner time.
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup confitures de châtaignes (chestnut jam)
2 teaspoons hemp seed
1 tablespoon linseed
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chopped nuts (almonds and cashews)
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup wheat bran
1/4 cup toasted soya bran
3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 dates, pitted and chopped
1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped or vegan chocolate chips
1. Stir mashed banana and chestnut jam in a bowl.
2. Gradually add all the seeds and nuts.
3. Stir in desiccated coconut, wheat bran, soya bran and oats.
4. Mixture may be a little dry and crumbly. Stir in maple syrup, chopped dates and chocolate pieces.
5. To make cookies, grab a handful of the mixture and use your hands to flatten and shape it into a patty.
6. To make cups, drop spoonfuls into silicone muffin trays and pack the mixture in with a wooden spoon.
7. I tried both methods and this batch made 6 muffin sized cups and 3 cookies.